Dragon Poet Review accepts original poetry, flash fiction, short fiction, short memoir and CNF, book / film / art reviews, and photography / artwork. We prefer previously unpublished material. Please let us know if you are submitting simultaneously. Also, please include a short, third-person bio (150 words or less) and contact information (name, mailing address, email address, and telephone #).
- Poetry: You may submit up to three poems per submission cycle, not to exceed 900 words, maximum. Text must be 12 point font, Times New Roman, single spaced, in either Microsoft Word or Rich Text format.
- Flash Fiction and Short Fiction: You may submit up to three flash fiction stories per submission cycle, not to exceed 900 words, maximum, or one short story, not to exceed 1500 words. Text must be 12 point font, Times New Roman, single spaced, in either Microsoft Word or Rich Text format.
- Short Memoir and CNF: You may submit up to 900-1500 words maximum per submission cycle. Text must be 12 point font, Times New Roman, single spaced, in either Microsoft Word or Rich Text format.
- Photography / Artwork: You may submit up to three images of your original photography or other artwork. Images must be jpegs, and you must include a brief (75 words or less) caption detailing the title of the piece and the medium.
- Literary, art, film, play, and music reviews should also be submitted in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format, 12 point, no more than 900 words.
- Summer Issue: May 1
- Winter Issue: December 1
Upload your submissions, bio, and contact information to Submittables. Clearly state “WINTER 2017 Submission” in your subject line. This is a labor of love for the editors, outside of our regular day jobs, personal writing, and other family and community obligations. We do our best to reply to all submissions, and publication notices for the upcoming journal will be sent generally within six months (before the next publication cycle, which typically happens on the Winter and Summer Solstices). If you do not hear back from us within that time frame, please feel free to drop us a “follow-up” email at email@example.com. We welcome you to submit again, even if we do not use your work for our current issue.